About the Attorney
Attorney Amy Schellekens has been practicing exclusively in the area of family law for over a decade in Cook, Will, and DuPage counties. A graduate of Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Ms. Schellekens has dedicated her career to helping clients through what is likely the most difficult time in his or her life.
Ms. Schellekens is a graduate of Lewis University where she received a degree in Business Administration with a minor in Criminal Social Justice. After graduating with high honors and being honored as Lasallian speaker, Ms. Schellekens attended Loyola University Chicago School of Law. While at Loyola University Chicago, Ms. Schellekens focused her studies and earned a Certificate in Child and Family Welfare Law.
Since becoming a lawyer Ms. Schellekens, has been active in the Illinois State Bar Association, DuPage County Bar Association, and has served as President of the DuPage Association of Women Lawyers. Ms. Schellekens has also been a frequent speaker at the Autism and Special Needs seminar hosted by Family Time Magazine. Ms. Schellekens has presented on the topic of children with special needs in a divorce, focusing on how to advocate for your child(ren) during a divorce.
Ms. Schellekens has also been recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine as a Rising Star for the years 2018, 2019, and 2020. This designation is reserved for the top 2.5% of all Illinois attorneys under the age of 40, and has been named an Emerging Lawyer by Leading Lawyers Magazine, a designation given to fewer than 2% of the attorneys in Illinois.
- Loyola University Chicago, School of Law, J.D. , 2010
- Civitas Child Law Clinic
- Child and Family Law Certificate
- Child Law Society
- Children's Legal Rights Journal
- Lewis University, B.A. in Business Administration, Minor in Criminal Social Justice, High Honors, 2007
- Lasallian Speaker
- Graduated with High Honors
- Mock Trial Team
- Illinois State Bar Association, member
- Standing Committee on Women in the Law (2012-2014)
- Child Law Section Council (2012-2014)
- DuPage County Bar Association, member
-New Lawyer Committee Member (2013)
- Will County Bar Association, member
- DuPage Association of Women Lawyers, member
- President (2018-2019)
- Director (2013-2015)
Awards and Achievements:
- Super Lawyers Magazine Rising Star, 2018-Present